Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dean Dobbs

Dean of Jack and Dean  has two other youtube channels, one being www.youtube.com/deandobbs and the other, www.youtube.com/adeanaday.

Adeanaday instead of being daily videos like it sounds, actually turned out to be home to a collection of videos in a series Dean made called 'Harmless Things.' The Harmless Things videos are various clips of everyday life and are exactly what they're said to be: harmless. The videos on adeanaday are random and insignificant, but nice in simplicity and peaceful with how Dean stitched the videos together.

The other channel, the newer one, has videos of various things including songs, vlogs, and one answer video to the annual Nerimon survey Alex Day puts out every year. That video can be found here: 'Dean Does A Survey'.

Dean is a really nice person and funny as well. He and his friend Jack have been promising many more Jack and Dean videos this coming year, already having delivered a great sketch called 'Dead Girl.' In fact, they've just finished filming a new one.

When I think of Dean, I think of his fluffy fringe and his adorable accent-how he's got one of those British accents that pronounces 'th' as 'f' so 'fank you' comes out, but I also think of how sweet he is. In omfgitsjackanddean sketches, Dean plays the more 'stupid' and 'innocent' and 'wacky' character, but it is a character. Even though he doesn't change his name for sketches (and neither does Jack), Dean isn't a scripted Dean. In fact, the first time I met him at VidCon, I asked for a picture with him and then another person asked and he politely told the person that I had just asked and he'd get to the other in just a minute after he had posed with me.

I remember Dean fondly. As I mentioned in the blog post about both Jack and Dean, I found myself riding an elevator in the convention hotel when they got on at floor five. I did happen to make the elevator ride a bit awkward by asking them for a picture when we got to the lobby, but when Jack said to me 'Now you've gone and made things awkward, haven't you?' I made a reference to one of their videos that got me a giggle from Dean. "I'm sorry-it's just that you're crazy internet famous.' *Dean giggle* 'Yeah, we are.'

I think I've gone on more of a personality tangent on Dean because he isn't as available as Jack is on YouTube. Jack has been making more videos and working on projects and appearing in other videos, but Dean has kept more to himself with a new video popping up randomly. Now that the Jack and Dean team is back together with lots of energy, we'll being seeing a lot more of Mr. Dobbs, but he is quite a personality on twitter. [www.youtube.com/deanitsomfg]





Dean's YouTube channels: Dean Dobbs
                                       adeanaday

Jack and Dean's YouTube: www.youtube.com/omfgitsjackanddean
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment